Tuesday 15 November 2022

Book Reviews

 BOOK REVIEWS

Book Reviews: In the literary or definitve sense - "A book review is a form of literary criticism in which a book is merely described (summary review) or analyzed based on content, style, and merit. A book review may be a primary source, opinion piece, summary review or scholarly review."

There are so many perspectives to what a Book Review means. Each is relative to a particular type of Book Review and depends mainly on the Genre of the book and what is the core intention of the person reviewing the book that he or she wants to showcase to the reader. 

So some The three main steps of writing a book review are simple: Provide a summary: What is story about? Who are the main characters and what is the main conflict? Present your evaluation: What did you think of the book?

Primarily there are 4 types of Book Reviews:
The 4 Types of Book Reviews are...

  • Endorsements: Hand-picking Relevant Reviewers Before Your Book is Published. ...
  • Trade Reviews: Publishing Professionals May Advocate Your Book To The Industry. ...
  • Reader Reviews: Individuals Recommending Your Book To Each Other. ...
  • Editorial Reviews: Third Parties Publishing Reviews About Your Book.

I will be publishing a series of my personal Book Reviews for Books that really changed my life. As I said each person has a different perspective of reading a book. Some read it only as they love to read books of different authors and different Genres as a liking. Others look at them with a more serious persective as a source of inspiration and to apply them in their lives. Some may be doing only for numbers to post the number of books they have read until now (which may be a sad option, though it is only my opinion).

I will be publishing a series of posts of Individual Book Reviews of Books by established and very well known world famous Authors and Best Sellers in their own Genre and category, I hope to show case my own opinions about those books in a pure sense of what I felt about them and how they have affected my own life. The reader obviously have a right to their opinion and that is what I am looking foward to.

Please read the respective posts and comment, suggest, give ideas, like and share my posts if you like them. Your valued comments and feedback is always highly appreciated. 

While researching and reading Books and Articles about How to Read, Books or Articles and how to write a Review. I came across many other Books and Articles on this same topic which I would be sharing in each of those respective posts. Here though is a link to some of the list of Books that cover this topic of How to Review Books. I am sure you will love some of them. I will also be sharing some links to article in my upcoming posts. 


So do keep a watch for my first Book Review coming up soon. Also look out for a special post where I have listed out some exemplary writing in articles that spell out how to read, understand, and review a Book or other Article. 

The more we read, the more can we understand and appreciate the value of the writing of others. This is one of my biggest takeaways, besides bringing about a major improvement in the way I myself write books or present them to the reader. 

KEEP READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment